Wang, circa 1999
- Missing Since 08/10/1999
- Missing From Darien, Illinois
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Asian
- Age 39 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'5, 135 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly scrubs with the Rush-Coply Medical Center label.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Asian female. Black hair, brown eyes. Wang may spell her name "Sue" or "Su." Her ears are pierced. She is a native of China.
Details of Disappearance
Wang was last seen leaving home for work in Darien, Illinois on August 10, 1999. She was a doctor at Rush-Copley Medical Center in Aurora, Illinois. She never arrived there and has never been heard from again.
A sheriff's officer found her red 1994 Toyota Camry with the Illinois license plate number EOD671 only hours after she was reported missing. It was a gravel parking strip near the Waterfall Glen Forest Preserve, about five miles from her home. Wang's backpack, with her credit cards, was locked inside the car.
Less than a week later, her pager was located in the weeds at Cass Avenue off Highway 55, about a mile north of where her car was found. It was still turned on. Authorities were unable to get any clues from it, however.
Wang was born in China and moved to the United States in 1989. She left behind two young sons, and her husband, also a doctor, is disabled with Parkinson's Disease and unable to work. Her husband is considered a suspect in her disappearance; although he told police their marriage was a happy one, Wang's friends said the couple was going to divorce.
Her husband maintains his innocence in her case and stated he didn't think she would have abandoned the family. Her case remains unsolved.
- Darien Police Department 630-353-8326
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 5, 2019; two pictures added, details of disappearance updated.