Young Hwan Chang
Chang, circa 2004
- Missing Since 11/06/2004
- Missing From Chandler, North Carolina
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Asian
- Date of Birth 02/15/1936 (87)
- Age 68 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3, 170 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A gold nugget-patterned Seiko watch on his left wrist and possibly white pants, a white short-sleeved polo shirt, a blue denim pullover shirt or sweatshirt, and house slippers or loafers.
- Medical Conditions Chang has Alzheimer's Disease.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Asian male. Gray hair, brown eyes. Chang is a native of Korea. He speaks little English.
Details of Disappearance
Chang became a resident of the Mount Pisgah Family Care Home in Chandler, North Carolina on November 3, 2004, having just moved to the area from his family's home in Atlanta, Georgia. He left the facility on November 6 and last seen at approximately 4:00 p.m. that day.
Chang walked into Pisgah Valley Market, looked around, and walked out. He appeared disoriented at the time. He has never been heard from again, but dogs tracked his scent to a nearby mobile home park.
Authorities believe someone may have given Chang a ride out of the area. His case remains unsolved.
- Buncombe County Sheriff's Department 828-255-5555
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 6, 2005; distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.