Zachary Matthew Malinowski
Malinowski, circa 2013; Malinowski's car; Christopher Brown; Javon Gibbs
- Missing Since 08/25/2013
- Missing From Aynor, South Carolina
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 12/17/1993 (29)
- Age 19 years old
- Height and Weight 6'1, 150 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A long red t-shirt, black basketball shorts and black and white Nike Air Jordans or black and white Nike flip-flops.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Dark purple/burgundy two-door 1996 Chevrolet Beretta with the South Carolina license plate number IFB 802 (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Malinowski has a birthmark on his scrotum and a scar on his knee. His nicknames are Zack (sometimes spelled "Zach") and Ace.
Details of Disappearance
Malinowski went to play basketball with friends in Aynor, South Carolina on August 25, 2013. After the game, he dropped one of his friends off on Murray Johnson Road in Conway, South Carolina.
His other friend said he and Malinowski returned to Aynor and went to a woman's residence on 7th Avenue, where they stayed until 11:30 p.m. Malinowski left at that point to get something to eat and then go home. The last contact with him was by phone shortly after midnight on August 26.
Eight days later, the police found Malinowski's car, a dark purple/burgundy two-door 1996 Chevrolet Beretta with the South Carolina license plate number IFB 802, in the woods about a hundred yards off Valley Forge Road near Aynor. It had been completely destroyed by fire. Malinowski has never been heard from again. A photo of his car is posted with this case summary.
In December 2014, Christopher Anfony Brown and Javon Dion Gibbs were charged with Malinowski's kidnapping and murder. Photos of Brown and Gibbs are posted with this case summary. Authorities believe the men abducted Malinowski from his residence, took him to western Horry County and killed him. Little information has been released about the case against them.
Both suspects were released on bond pending their trials. Both were rearrested for committing other crimes while out on bond; Brown was charged with shooting a man in the leg during an argument in November 2015, and Gibbs was charged with murdering a man during an armed robbery in September 2016. They have yet to face trial in Malinowski's case.
Malinowski's body has not been located. Foul play is suspected in his disappearance due to the circumstances involved.
- Horry County Police Department 843-915-7995
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 28, 2018; details of disappearance updated.