Anthony R. Beirnes
Anthony, circa 1986; Age-progression to age 45 (circa 2013)
- Missing Since 01/25/1986
- Missing From Anacortes, Washington
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/10/1968 (54)
- Age 17 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10, 140 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) A homemade ten-foot white aluminum boat
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Anthony has a scar on his knee. His nickname is Tony.
Details of Disappearance
Anthony was last seen in Anacortes, Washington on January 25, 1986. He and two friends, Mitchell Zimny and Keith Humenik, went out on the ocean in a homemade ten-foot white aluminum boat. They were last seen near Fidalgo Island. It was supposed to be only a short trip, but none of them returned to shore or were ever heard from again.
Searchers found one of the skiff's oars on the south side of Burrows Island, but this was the only trace of the missing boys that was ever located. Mitchell, Anthony and Keith are presumed drowned. Their remains have never been recovered.
- Skagit County Sheriff's Office
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 20, 2018; details of disappearance updated.