Barry Michael Sundberg
Sundberg, circa 2003
- Missing Since 06/14/2003
- Missing From Tillamook County, Oregon
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Age 52 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9, 160 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) Charter fishing boat called the Taki Tooo (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Sundberg's nickname is Bones.
Details of Disappearance
Sundberg was last seen in Tillamook Bay off the Oregon coast on June 14, 2003. He had gone out on a charter fishing boat, the Taki Tooo, and the vessel suddenly capsized. Nine people drowned. Eight others, all wearing life jackets, survived by swimming a few hundred yards to the beach.
Two additional people, Sundberg and Timothy Albus, disappeared and are presumed dead. Their bodies have never been located, although several days later searchers did find Albus's sweatshirt stuck on the rocks of the Tillamook Bay jetty.
Sundberg lived in Cheney, Washington at the time of his disappearance; Albus lived in Madras, Oregon.
- Tillamook County Sheriff's Office 503-815-3330
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 20, 2020; casefile added.