Charlotte Eliza Trego
Trego, circa 2014; Tattoos on Trego's upper right arm
- Missing Since 05/03/2014
- Missing From Chillicothe, Ohio
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/05/1986 (36)
- Age 27 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4, 150 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A t-shirt, jeans and camouflage-print sneakers.
- Medical Conditions Trego is addicted to heroin and prescription drugs. She had been through rehabilitation, but relapsed prior to her disappearance. She also has a history of depression and has attempted suicide before.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Trego has the following tattoos: the name "James" on her right breast, the name "Chloe" underneath a flower band on her arm, a Playboy bunny below the name "Jason" on upper her right arm, and a flower on her right ankle. She wears eyeglasses, and her ears are pierced. A photo of Trego's Playboy bunny tattoo is posted with this case summary.
Details of Disappearance
Trego was last seen in Chillicothe, Ohio on May 3, 2014. She was living with a roommate on Ewing Street, but left on foot after the roommate evicted her. She has never been heard from again.
Her mother reported her missing on May 18; she stated that in spite of Trego's drug use, they were close and she doesn't believe Trego would have stopped simply contacting her. A few weeks before her disappearance, Trego told her mother she wanted to turn her life around and asked her mother to find her a place in a rehabilitation program.
Her disappearance may be connected to the disappearances of Megan Lancaster, Holly Logan, Jayme Bowen and Wanda Lemons, and the deaths of Tameka Lynch and Tiffany Sayre. All the women were involved with drugs, some of them had places and people in common, and Trego, Lemons, Lynch and Sayre all disappeared from the same city in the same one-year period.
Trego and Lynch, who were friends, went missing on the same day: May 3, 2014. Lynch's body was found in Paint Creek three weeks after her disappearance; the autopsy determined she'd died of multiple drug overdoses and the manner of death was undetermined. Lemons disappeared six months later, and on May 11, 2015, Sayre disappeared. Her body was found in a creek on June 19; she'd been murdered.
There's speculation that a serial killer could be behind the disappearances and deaths, but no suspects have been named in any of the cases. They remain unsolved.
- Chillicothe Police Department 740-773-1191
Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 30, 2020; two pictures added.