Karen Vanessa Young
Young, circa 2011
- Missing Since 06/07/2011
- Missing From Detroit, Michigan
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Age 52 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'3, 130 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A cream top, black pinstriped pants and a black necktie.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Young had straightened hair at the time of her disappearance. She wears eyeglasses. Young has a birthmark on the front of her neck and a scar on her arm near the elbow.
Details of Disappearance
Young was last seen in Detroit, Michigan on June 7, 2011. She and her boyfriend of one year, Randall Childs, were at Childs's apartment at the Roberts III building in the 3000 block of Grand River, along with some other people, when they got into an argument with each other.
Young made arrangements for her mother and a friend to pick her up, and left the apartment at 11:30 p.m. Childs followed her downstairs. Neither of them have ever been heard from again.
Young previously worked for Detroit's Parks and Recreation Department, but she was laid off shortly before her disappearance. There's no indication the couple planned to leave, and Childs's family stated it's uncharacteristic of him to leave without warning. Childs and Young's cases remain unsolved.
- Detroit Police Department 313-596-2221
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 7, 2017; casefile added.