Larry Dean Hill
Larry, circa 1980
- Missing Since 05/24/1980
- Missing From Bonneville County, Idaho
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/10/1942 (81)
- Age 38 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11 - 6'1, 170 - 180 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Hip waders.
- Associated Vehicle(s) 14-foot aluminum boat (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Black hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Larry disappeared with his son, Rex Hill, and two others, Laddie Schiess and Laddie's daughter, Toni Schiess, from Bonneville County, Idaho on May 24, 1980. They were on a fourteen-foot aluminum boat out on the Palisades Reservoir with four other people when the boat capsized about one hundred yards from shore, just south of Big Elk Creek.
The water was 120 feet deep, the weather was bad and the surface water temperature was 51 degrees. Four of the passengers were rescued, but Rex, Larry, Laddie and Toni disappeared and could not be found despite extensive search efforts. They are presumed drowned.
- Bonneville County Sheriff's Office 208-529-1200
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 22, 2019; clothing/jewelry description added.