Nancy Lynn Kirkpatrick
Nancy, circa 1976; Age-progression to age 50 (circa 2010)
- Missing Since 04/21/1976
- Missing From Columbia Falls, Montana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 01/25/1960 (63)
- Age 16 years old
- Height and Weight 5'1 - 5'2, 90 pounds
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Nancy has burn scars on shoulders and a scar on her right arm between her shoulder and her elbow.
Details of Disappearance
Nancy was last seen in Columbia Falls, Montana on April 21, 1976. She babysat for a neighborhood family that day and was last seen walking home afterwards. She never arrived at her residence and has never been heard from again.
Nancy's parents were divorced and she lived with her grandmother at the time of her disappearance. Her loved ones described her as a normal teenager and a good student who was interested in the hippie counterculture.
However, she was a chronic runaway, and had traveled as far as Seattle, Washington and Los Angeles, California. The police would always find her and bring her home. The day Nancy disappeared, she had just been returned home after running away and spent a day in lockup in Kalispell, Montana before being released to go back to her grandmother in Columbia Falls. It's possible she ran away again.
One of her teachers thought they saw her at a bar in Anchorage, Alaska in May 1983, seven years later, but this sighting was never confirmed.
Less than a year before Nancy went missing, another teen girl, Robyn Pettinato, disappeared from a town about ten miles from Columbia Falls. She has never been found. It's theorized that there's some connection between the two cases, but this hasn't been proven. Both cases remain unsolved.
- Flathead County Sheriff's Office 406-758-5585
- Whitefish Police Department 406-863-2420
Updated 8 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 31, 2017; details of disappearance updated.