Sherrie Lynette Stout
Stout, circa 2005; Laquan Gilliam
- Missing Since 01/13/2005
- Missing From Elizabeth, New Jersey
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 05/28/1969 (54)
- Age 35 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3, 130 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Jeans and a brown blouse.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Stout's ears are pierced. Some agencies spell her name "Sherry."
Details of Disappearance
Stout was last seen in the vicinity of the 200 block of South Street in Elizabeth, New Jersey during the early morning hours of January 13, 2005. She disappeared with her one-year-old daughter, Quranah Gilliam.
Quranah was found safe in the New York City borough of the Bronx in June 2009, four and a half years after her disappearance. Her father, Laquan Gilliam, gave her to a family and asked them to take care of her as a favor to him. He told them her name was Corrona Brooks.
A photo of Laquan is posted with this case summary. He promised to pick her up in a few days, but he never returned; he was arrested on drug charges and incarcerated. The family raised the child as their own and tried to find out who she belonged to, but they were unable to determine this because they didn't know her real name.
DNA testing verified Quranah's identity and she was sent to live with her cousins. The family who had cared for her while she was listed as missing has not been charged. There is still no indication of her mother's whereabouts, however.
The search for Stout continues. Her disappearance remains unsolved.
- Elizabeth Police Department
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 8, 2010; two pictures added, details of disappearance updated.