Simone Stephanie Ridinger
Simone, circa 1977; Age-progression to age 59 (circa 2019); Simone's bracelet and rings
- Missing Since 09/02/1977
- Missing From Sherborn, Massachusetts
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 01/05/1960 (63)
- Age 17 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'3, 120 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A white t-shirt, blue jeans with rips and patches, white high-top sneakers, and lots of silver jewelry, including bracelets, spoon rings and a necklace with turquoise stones. A photo of Simone's rings and bracelet is posted with this case summary. Carrying a gray duffel bag with her waitress uniform, which considered of a dark blue polyester skirt and a vest.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, brown eyes. Simone has a mole or birthmark on her lower back and a small mole on the right side of her upper forhead.
Details of Disappearance
Simone was last seen between noon and 4:00 p.m. on September 2, 1977. She left her job at the Rainbow Restaurant on south Main Street to hitchhike from Sherborn, Massachusetts to Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
For many years, the restaurant was the last place anyone reported seeing her, but in 1986 a witness came forward who said he gave Simone a ride early in the morning of September 3, the day after her disappearance.
The witness, an elderly man who is now deceased, said he'd been en route to the Cape when he was stopped for a violation at a rest area at the intersection of Route 128 and Route 109 in Westwood, Massachusetts. The state trooper who stopped him had Simone in the backseat of his car, and asked the witness to give her a ride to the Cape.
The witness said he dropped Simone off at the Hyannis Rotary, near the airport, and last saw her walking towards a nearby restaurant. Simone has never been heard from again and the witness's account has not been confirmed. Her case remains unsolved and foul play is suspected.
- Sherborn Police Department 508-653-2424
Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 24, 2020; age-progression updated.