Stacey Jane Morrison
Morrison, circa 1993; Joseph Miller
- Missing Since 05/20/1993
- Missing From Peoria, Illinois
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 05/05/1970 (53)
- Age 23 years old
- Height and Weight 5'0 - 5'3, 130 - 145 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Size 8 women's sneakers.
- Medical Conditions Morrison is mildly mentally disabled and also has a history of drug abuse. She has the mental capacity of a ten-year-old and is not capable of living on her own. Her mother believes she may also have schizophrenia.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, green eyes. Some agencies may list Morrison's hair color as brown and her eye color as hazel. She has facial acne scars, a scar on her upper right leg, a strawberry birthmark at the base of her neck and a Cesarean section scar on her abdomen. Morrison may use the first name Becky. She has a lazy left eye, she wears eyeglasses and her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Morrison had been imprisoned for prostitution during the evening of May 20, 1993 in Peoria, Illinois. She was released from jail later that evening and planned to spend the night at the YWCA in the 300 block of northeast Jefferson Avenue. Morrison could not enter the shelter until 10:00 p.m.
An individual had threatened her with death if she did not earn money as a prostitute prior to her imprisonment. She feared that the person would locate her while she waited for a room at the YWCA. Morrison was scheduled to phone her family the following day, but she never placed the call. She has never been heard from again.
The serial killer Joseph Miller, who has been convicted of murdering five women, is the prime suspect in Morrison's case. A photograph of Miller is posted with this case summary. In 2004, he told authorities and Morrison's mother that he had killed Morrison and another woman, Valarie Sloan, who also disappeared from Peoria in 1993.
Miller has not been charged in either woman's case and authorities are not certain whether he was involved; he has lied to police in the past and some believe he is confessing to crimes he did not commit merely to get attention. Morrison's mother, however, believes his story. Both Sloane's and Morrison's disappearances remain unsolved.
- Tazewell County Sheriff's Office 309-346-4141
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 2, 2019; distinguishing characteristics updated.