Typhenie Kae Johnson

Johnson, circa 2016; Christopher Revill, circa 2016; Some of Johnson's tattoos

  • Missing Since 10/10/2016
  • Missing From Euless, Texas
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Biracial, Black, White
  • Date of Birth 08/06/1991 (32)
  • Age 25 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4, 135 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A black sports jacket, a pink shirt with the word "Pink" on the sleeve, black and white spandex pants, black ankle socks and no shoes.
  • Associated Vehicle(s) White 2003 Ford Taurus (accounted for)
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (African-American/Caucasian) female. Brown/red hair, brown eyes. Johnson's nicknames are Pippy and Typh. She has a scar on her chin and a scar in the middle of her forehead, and her ears, nose, tongue and navel are pierced. She has the following tattoos: an anchor on her left shoulder, a feather on the back of her upper left arm, a large partial half-sleeve on her upper left arm, an arrow on the inside of her upper right arm, words on the front of her ribcage on the left side, the word "Faith" on the inside of her left wrist, and a heart on the top of her right foot. Photos of some of Johnson's tattoos are posted with this case summary.

Details of Disappearance

Johnson was last seen outside Post Oak East Apartments in the 13900 block of Tristan Lane in Euless, Texas at 9:00 p.m. October 10, 2016. She was with Christopher Revill at the time.

They had dated for approximately eight months, but in August she told him she needed a break. He continued to visit her, however, and even said he wanted to marry her, in spite of her repeated attempts to tell him their relationship was over. A photograph of Revill is posted with this case summary.

On the night Johnson disappeared, she was spending time with her twin brother and his girlfriend and planned to have a male friend come over, but Revill came over uninvited. She went outside with him to talk in the parking lot near her car and tell him again that she didn't want to see him anymore. She apparently didn't intend to be gone long, as she left her shoes behind at the apartment. Johnson's brother and his girlfriend could see them from the balcony and hear parts of their conversation.

While Johnson was talking to Revill, her guest came to the parking lot to check on her, but Johnson told him to go back inside. He waited in the apartment with the others and continued to keep an eye on them from the balcony. But about twenty minutes into the discussion, Johnson and Revill moved to the side of the building out of sight.

Twenty minutes after this, Revill came back to the apartment alone. He stated he and Johnson argued and she got into a vehicle driven by someone he didn't know and rode away. He then left. Johnson's brother tried to call her cellular phone, but she didn't answer, so he went outside to look for her.

He saw Revill's white 2003 Ford Taurus backed up onto the grass next to the building, with the trunk lid open, and Revill was standing there looking inside. Johnson's brother was afraid to approach Revill, but watched him close the trunk and the car doors and drive away. Then he walked to the spot where Revill had been parked and found his sister's phone, car keys and one of her socks. Nearby was Johnson's car, with her keys lying on top of it. Her brother called Revill and demanded he return, and Revill said, "It sounds like you’re blaming me for something."

Fifteen minutes later, Johnson's brother's girlfriend called the police. When they arrived, her brother called Revill again and got the police on the phone, and they told Revill to return to the apartment. When Revill turned about 25 minutes later, he was alone and sweating profusely in spite of the cool weather outside. It had been about ninety minutes since Johnson's disappearance. The police arrested him, impounded his car and searched the home he shared with his parents, which was 20 to 25 minutes away.

In Revill's home they found a bra with the clasp stretched out straight, a FitBit watch with a broken clasp, and the shirt Johnson was wearing the night of her disappearance. There was no blood found in the grassy area where his car had been parked, although police did match the tire tracks there to the car. None of Johnson's DNA was found in his trunk. The next day, Revill was charged with aggravated kidnapping with intent to terrorize in Johnson's case. The charge was later upgraded to kidnapping with intent to kill.

Revill has a criminal record for burglary, assault, marijuana possession and aggravated robbery, and he was on parole at the time of Johnson's disappearance. He was also the last person known to have seen Taalibah Islam, who disappeared from Fort Worth, Texas on January 16, 2006. She had been dating him at the time and they had a baby son, who was subsequently raised by Islam's sister. Johnson was unaware of Revill's son's existence.

After Islam's disappearance, he dropped off their child with one of her relatives. His explanation for her disappearance was the same as it was for Johnson's: he claimed they had an argument and she got into the car with someone he didn't know and left. In March 2023, Islam's remains were found near the 900 block of South Hughes Avenue in Fort Worth. They were identified in June; her death is under investigation and no charges have been filed against anyone.

In August 2019, after two days' jury deliberations, Revill was convicted of Johnson's kidnapping. At his sentencing hearing, evidence about Islam's case was introduced. He was sentenced to life in prison. He will not be eligible for parole until 2046.

Authorities believe Johnson was murdered. A private investigator who looked into the case believes her body is somewhere near her apartment complex. When police impounded Revill's car they found plant stickers in his tires and leaves on the floorboards, suggesting he had recently driven through grass or brush. Her body has never been found.

Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 7, 2023; details of disappearance updated.